After double checking our list of properties yesterday morning, we put a call into the real estate agent. Four of the properties were very attractive, within our price range, and very suitable to our plans for a small sustainable family farm.
We waited several hours but the agent never called us back, so we drove out to look at a few of them by ourselves. When we arrived at our “favorite” choice, we called the listed agent (whose sign was in the front yard) and asked if they could show us the property.
We spent quite a bit of time with the agent, who filled us in on just about every piece of information we may have ever wanted to know about the house and the land.
Although the house needs quite a bit of TLC, the property could work out very well for us in the long term. We decided to sleep on it.
This morning, we spoke with our real estate agent. We asked her to show us another property, and then told her we would like to see that other one again.
We met her at the first property at 2:30 today. We were not ready for what awaited us. In fact, this is the first property that all of us have liked unanimously. We were given a guided tour of the property by the owner, and there is no doubt that this is the perfect property for us.
Every other property we have seen could have been “made perfect”, but this one would be perfect from day one.
We are meeting with the real estate agent in the morning, and we will be making a formal offer for the property.
Eighteen days after finding out our world was crashing down around us, it seems we may have found a refuge in the storm. Say those prayers, because this could really be the one.