This afternoon we took another look at our “second choice” property.
Soon after we found the first house, we happened across the second one, and we thought it would be an awesome “alternative” at the time.
We spoke to the owner’s father, who had performed most of the renovation work on the house, and after a long discussion at the property we decided to pursue a deal.
Things looked bright. The property is over 13 acres in size, the old farmhouse is quaint, but could make an attractive home with a little TLC. At first we felt “sold” on the idea, but then we received the lease agreement and the purchase option paperwork.
While the lease agreement seemed to be a standard run of the mill type lease agreement (probably downloaded from some place online), and it seemed to lack any of the provisions we had discussed with the owner previously.
Throughout this evening, I have had a very uneasy feeling about this property, and after discussing it with the wife, we have decided to pass on this one.
It doesn’t make sense to put a lot of money down on a place that we have no purchase guarantee down the road. There were no provisions for us to “get out” of the deal if we found something wrong with the house, and there were so many restrictions in the lease agreement that I felt strangled sitting here 35 miles away from the property.
We have no doubt that God has a plan for us, and we have placed our faith in God that the will lead us in the right direction. Preferably soon!