Just a few quick thoughts tonight, as I am still working on a couple projects.
The Douglas County TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party announced Friday that it’s brewing up another mass rally for June 4 to protest big taxes and big government.
“We’re hard at work organizing the next big event,” Maureen Miller, group spokesperson, said Friday in a news release. “We plan more great local speakers, an awesome keynote celebrity and lots of fun surprises in the works.”
The group has not determined the location of the June 4 TEA Party but listed the time on its Web site as 6-9 p.m.
Organizers have also announced they will hold what they call an “Instant TEA” on April 15, federal tax filing deadline day, at the intersection of Chapel Hill and Timber Ridge roads from 5:30-7 p.m.
Read more at the Douglas County Tea Party website, developed and maintained by yours truly.
It seems Scary Harry Reid doesn’t really know how to throw a party. It seems only 100 supporters showed up for his campaign kickoff.
Wow. 100?!? With his poll numbers in the tank the way they are, I am surprised that many showed up.
The bills have to be paid somehow. This is just one (real) possibility, so keep your eyes on Washington and be ready for that fight too.
Even before the bill became law, many economists — and this writer — argued that only one tax could raise the giant revenues needed to escape a ruinous rise in debt: a European-style Value-Added Tax, or VAT. “The healthcare bill makes the logical case for the VAT stronger, because it’s not clear that Congress will make the difficult spending reductions the bill mandates,” says William Gale, an economist with the Brookings Institution. “The Fiscal Commission will give significant support for a VAT,” says Brian Riedl of the conservative Heritage Foundation.
I want to do a much more in-depth article one day about dryer sheets, but for now I am going to post some links which address the toxic danger of those nice little static cling eliminators.
The following chemicals are found in most dryer sheets:
- ALPHA-TERPINEOL- Causes CNS (Central Nervous System) disorders and is highly irritating to mucus membranes.
- BENZYL ACETATE- Carcinogenic (linked to pancreatic cancer).
- BENZYL ALCOHOL- Causes CNS disorders. It is irritating to the upper respiratory tract” causing “headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, CNS depression, and death in severe cases due to respiratory failure.
- CAMPHOR- Causes CNS disorders.
- CHLOROFORM- Toxic. It is an anesthetic and carcinogenic.
- ETHYL ACETATE- Narcotic. This product is on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract.
- LINALOOL- Narcotic. Causes DNS disorder, respiratory disturbances.
- PENTANE-”Danger-Harmful if inhaled; extremely flammable.
Dryer sheets are added when you dry your clothes. The chemicals listed above are spread on your clothes before you pull them out of the dryer, fold them, and put them away. Nothing else touches them (or rinses the chemicals out) until after you have worn them.
As I said, I need to do more research on this, but for now, you might want to find an alternative to using something laced with any known harmful chemicals.