Recovering Nicely

fenceddogs.jpgI felt much better today. The pain of planting those three huge trees is finally going away, but it still hurts, everywhere. Hey, it wasn’t easy transporting three Bartlett Pear trees. All three of them are at minimum 15 feet tall, the tallest topping out at about 25 feet.

We dug them up at my mother-in-laws (she wanted them removed) and transported them back here. We covered their root balls and babied them for more than a week until we could dig three massive holes on the side of our yard and position them so they were sitting in the same position (same side pointing north) as they were at the in-laws house.

While the boys and I were working on that, Gidget pruned all of the bushes in the front yard and we collapsed last night. We totally forgot about the time change, but it was nice waking up at 11:48 even if it really was 12:48.

Sometime as the afternoon progressed, I mentioned I wanted to cook out on the grill tonight. I was thinking ribs and chicken, but the kids decided we were having hamburgers, hot dogs, and shrimp. Even if I didn’t get the chicken and ribs I wanted, the dinner was delicious.

We had all of the above mentioned items as well as salad, a fruit bowl (the youngest put that together for us), baked potatoes and corn (both cooked on the grill as well, and baked beans. Yum!

After dinner, we ventured out into the front yard to take some photos. Having a house full of shutterbugs is fun, until everyone decides to try and get a photo of the same bird and said bird takes flight just as you click the shutter because three kids are running to get a photo of it.

They’ll learn.

The moon was gorgeous again tonight, so I had to borrow the Canon PowerShot to get a photo, but my photo didn’t turn out as good as the little guy’s so I am posting his.


I spent the evening sorting through all of the notes I had written during the week. Some of them were notes I scribbled when speaking to recruiters, the others were written while speaking to different representatives from Best Buy. After a week of constantly monitoring the server, talking on the phone, and exchanging emails, I feel like I was working a full time job. Yes, I am ready to re-enter the workforce.

After filling out my certification for unemployment this week, I spent some time re-writing my to-do list. I used to keep it on the computer, but I got in the habit of closing it out so I wouldn’t have to look at it and I never got anything done. I have about 15 things on the list, and I am going to try to knock a lot of them off the list before calling it a night tonight.

Last night I installed Overflow for the Mac, and although I can see how it could be useful for some people, I don’t think I will be using it too much. I’ll keep it installed for a week or so to see, but if I am not using it more by then I will remove it to save space for something else I will use. I am going to install PostBox tonight, I’ve heard some really good things about it, and I want to see if it’s worth re-creating all my email accounts and email processing rules into yet another email client.

Let’s see, what else happened today… Oh yeah, I got snacked on by Dawg, which was pretty cool.

As I was typing this post, I received an email from one of the many recruiters who now know me on a first name basis, stating they will be calling me tomorrow about a possible job. That makes three calls I hope to get tomorrow, which would be awesome. If I can get some face to face interviews lined up this week I will be very happy. I know if I can get in to see someone face to face, I’ll have a real strong chance at getting a job.

I believe I am starting to ramble, so I am going to go upgrade all of my WordPress blogs and knock a few more items off my to-do list.


The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde