A Very Long Day

Today was a very long day, and it did not transpire at all like I had hoped the night before.

I had planned to do a lot today. A lot of video that is. I wanted to get out and shoot some awesome video with the Kodak Zi6, but fate had something else in mind today.

I woke to the sound of a puppy that really needed to get outside to do his business. I climbed out of bed and took Chuck and Stitches out to the backyard so they could do their business. The nice 40 degree chill in the air was all I needed to wake up and start my day.

When everyone got moving, I asked the wife if she wanted to run to the local craft store to get some supplies she needed. My plan was to get home early enough to play with video.

After stopping at the craft store, and then McDonald’s for lunch, we stopped by my mother-in-law’s house because their furnace was no longer operational. By “no longer operational” I mean, it was making a horrible exploding sound when it kicked on and flames were shooting under the door of the closet the furnace was in. Not good.

While the in-laws were making plans for a new furnace, my mother-in-law was trying to get April’s doctor to call in a prescription for her, before the weekend. She tried all day, from the time she woke up, until 5:30 pm, to get someone to call in that prescription. It wasn’t just any prescription. April suffers terrible seizures and this medicine is the only thing that helps curb them. At 5:30, the in-laws had to dress April, get her coat, and take her to the Immediate Care clinic so some strange doctor who has never seen her before could verify that she was indeed mentally handicapped, suffered seizures, and needed the medication.

We came home when they left for the clinic. We stopped at three different places on our way home for things we realized we needed, and got home an hour and a half later at 7pm. The in-laws did not get home from the clinic (and picking up the prescription) until 10pm. Four and a half hours after they left the house.

This is only the second day of the year, and my mother-in-law (who is recovering from breast cancer) is not off to a very good start.

After we ate dinner and got the kids settled for the night, I was finally able to sit down and play with some video.

Maybe I’ll have time to play more tomorrow.