When I began posting here at 101 Dead Armadillos I did so because I wanted a place to put more in-depth articles and information than I had at any of my other sites. I also wanted to “start fresh” with more personalized posts intertwined with those in-depth articles.
So here we are on the first day of 2009. I may be mistaken, but 2008 seemed to fly by. It wasn’t the best of years, but it definitely wasn’t one of the worst either. I hope 2009 turns out to be a bit more stable than 2008.
- My mom, who moved here in late 2007, survived her first full year here in Georgia without dying of boredom.
- My sister survived her first full year in Kentucky, and I am proud of the way she has handled things. If anyone had it rough this past year, it was her, so I really hope things turn around for her in ’09.
- My dad’s doing great out in Oregon, and hopes to come see the kids soon, which would be nice.
- We lost our beloved dog Flash, but then Chuck came to live with us and heal our hearts.
- I’ve been working on some very big projects that need to be done asap and the stress has been enormous.
- The holidays came just in time, and gave me the mental break I desperately needed.
- I’m hoping to get more freelance design and programming jobs on the side to supplement things so the budget isn’t stretched so thin.
- I plan to keep blogging at most of the blogs I currently run.
- I am thinking of bringing back my recipe blog.
- I hope to do more in-depth posts here, as well as more personal posts.
I am not one to make New Year’s resolutions, but this year I do plan on…
- getting more organized
- losing 20 pounds
- getting more exercise
- eating better
- pursue my photography/video interests
Here’s to a good 2009, I hope you had a great New Year’s holiday, and you have nothing but great things in front of you this year.